MHT CET 2019: Maharashtra CET 2019, Exam Dates, MHT Syllabus, Pattern
MHT CET 2019: Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Government of Maharashtra, Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai. It is a state level entrance examination which is also known as MHT CET. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into the first year of full-time degree courses in engineering & technology, pharmacy, Pharm.D & agriculture courses. These courses are offered by the different colleges & institutions located in Maharashtra state.
The exam was last held in 2013, after which it was scrapped and the admissions to the above programmes were done on the basis of JEE Main. However, it made a comeback from 2016, thus replacing JEE in the state. As per the information released on the official website. MHCET 2019 will be held on May 10.
MHT CET 2019: Instructions
Read all instructions before to fill the MHT CET 2019 Application form.
- Click on “Apply Online” from the official website.
- The candidates will have to register themselves by submitting their personal, contact, education, bank and other details.
- Generate your own password and keep it safe and remember it for all future communications.
- After successful registration, the candidates will have to fill the MHT CET 2019 application form.
- The photograph and signature in Jpg/ Jpeg format have to be uploaded which should not be more than 50 KB in size.
- Pay Application Fee through Credit Card/Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), IMPS, Internet Banking, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets. (Application Fee details are mentioned below).
- Submit the MHT CET 2019 application form and take the printout of the confirmation page of the submitted application.
Note: Keep the printout of confirmation page of the submitted application safe with you. It should not be sent to DTE Maharashtra.
MHT CET 2019: Important Dates
- MHT CET 2019 Online Registration & and confirmation of online application submission from January 18 to March 25, 2019
- MHT CET 2019 Online Registration & and confirmation of online application submission with late fee of Rs. 500 March 26 to March 31, 2019
- Edit/ Update details in application form Last week of April 2019
- Availability of MHT CET Online Admit Card April 24 to May 10, 2019
- MHT CET 2019 Test May 10, 2019
- Submission of certificates/ documents the Second week of May to the third week of May 2018
- Online display of Question Paper Booklets of each version on website Last week of May 2019
- Online Display of Provisional Keys of each version on website Last week of May 2019
- OMR Answer Sheets will be available on website From Last week of May to the first week of June 2019
- Last date of Online submission of objections on Question Paper/Answer Key/Typographic errors Last week of May 2019
- Declaration of Result/Marks On or before June 3, 2019
- MHT CET 2019 counseling First week of June 2018
MHT CET 2019: Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: General category candidates must have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks in class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board/ University with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, while reserve category (SC/ST/OBC) candidates need to have scored 45% and above in class 12th.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
MHT CET 2019 eligibility criteria vary from candidates belonging to different categories, home state and from states outside Maharashtra. Eligibility criteria of MHT CET 2019 include eligibility conditions related to age, qualifying examination, marks scored in the qualifying exam, number of attempts, etc.
MHT CET 2019: Application Form
The application form of MHT CET 2019 is now available in online mode. Before filling the application form, the candidates must carefully check if they meet MHT CET 2019 eligibility criteria. Candidates must also keep digital/ scanned copies of their photograph and signature (which is to be uploaded in the online application form) in the prescribed format before they start to fill the application form. In case due to any reason, any candidate has filled in incorrect information or wants to change any entry, then DTE Maharashtra gives a few days to update or edit the details entered in the online MHT CET 2019 application form after its submission. However, this facility is just provided only once, so candidates must be very careful while making changes in the application particulars.
For more to visit the official website
MHT CET 2019: Application Fee
- MHT CET 2019 application fee is Rs. 800 for General candidates and Rs.600 for reserved category candidates.
- The fee can be paid through the online system only by Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards, etc.
MHT CET 2019: Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of MHT CET 2019 is determined by DTE Maharashtra, which is the exam conducting body for the state level engineering entrance test.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized through offline (pen and paper-based) mode.
- Language: The question paper will come in English or Marathi or Urdu for PCB. The mathematic paper will be in English language only.
- No. of Papers: It will be consisting of three papers.
- Types of Question: The question paper will be of a Multiple Choice Question.
- Total Marks: Each paper will be of 100 marks.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the exam will be 1½ hours for each paper.
- Answer Mode: Candidates can use black ink ballpoint pen only to mark their answers.
- Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer in MHT CET 2019 exam.
- MHT CET 2019 will be held in pen and paper mode or offline mode wherein candidates have to appear in 2 papers – Paper I (Mathematics)/Paper III & Paper II (Physics & Chemistry).
- Each paper will be for 1.30 hours.
- Both papers will be for a total 100 marks.
- Each correct answer in Paper II will be awarded 1 mark, while each correct answer in Paper I/Paper III will be given 2 marks.
- Paper II (Physics & Chemistry) will be conducted in English/Hindi/Marathi languages, while paper I/Paper III will be held in English language only.
|Paper||Subject||Total number of Questions (MCQs)||Marks allotted per question||Total Marks|
|Paper II||Physics & Chemistry||50+50 = 100||1||100|
|Paper III||Biology(Botany)&Biology(Zoology)||50+50 = 100||1||100|