Working Hard and smart are the two main factors on which scoring good rank in JEE depends on.
- Instead of spending quantity time, one should work on spending quality time with the concentration on studies.
- Many people you will get suggesting that you should spend n number of hours in studies to get a good rank in JEE. But the fact is quality matters, not the quantity.
- In-between breaks too are important. Make entertainment also a small part of your preparation.
- Practice mock tests available online as much as you can. Analyse your mistakes. Make a list of all the concepts you got wrong and sort out by discussing with teachers, co-aspirants, online lectures etc. before attempting the next test.
- Consider JEE as a marathon, not a sprint. Spending all day and night one day in preparation and enjoying/sleeping the next day is irrelevant. Being consistent is important so better to study for equal hours on all days.
- Keep practicing previous years papers to maintain speed in solving and while appearing JEE, try to attempt at least 75-85% questions. You should judge in a fraction of seconds whether you should attempt or leave the question.
- Give equal time to all the subjects while appearing in JEE as all questions carry equal marks. Appearing tough paper first will be a time wastage and can make you lose confidence. Follow specific order while attempting the test, you should know the correct time to switch to chemistry or physics if you find mathematics is tough.
- Involve in discussions with teachers, mentors, books, co-aspirants etc. Don’t follow any book or lecture randomly.
- Self-confidence and positive thinking will add a positive factor on cracking JEE with good rank.
These tips helped many aspirants. Hope this is beneficial for you too. Good luck!!!