Every parent wants their kids to see excelling in their life. For this, they work hard to provide them the best education. Sometimes, parents pressurize their children to crack competitive entrance exams like NEET/IIT-JEE. Every year, millions of students apply for these exams, but only a few make it to the final list of qualified students. Cracking NEET and JEE is not less than a battle for students, for which they need complete support of their parents.
Parents should not pressurize their kids to score high, as by this they are just making the journey more stressful for their kids.
How parents can be a strong and supporting pillar
- Getting admitted your kid to the best coaching institute is not enough. You need to spend time on research, understanding your child’s learning habits and availability of the NEET/JEE coaching options. As we know, NEET/JEE in 2019 is going to be online. For this, you need to choose a coaching institute that prepares your child for the computer-based test format with not just the study material but with also right online tests.
- The children aiming to ace tough entrance exams like NEET/JEE are mature and understand their tasks well. Parents still need to ensure that their kids prepare well for NEET/JEE 2019. Regularly check their assignment, attendance progress, performance in class tests, take feedbacks from teachers. Try tracking their performance without letting kids know.
- Encourage your child to solve as many online tests, mock tests as they can. It will help them get ready for the online format. A wide range of practice tests, mock tests, previous year papers etc is available these days in the cyber world. Top Mock Test app too can help students in practicing several mock tests which can further help aspirants in building confidence for the final day.
- Stop comparing your kid with others. Don’t forget, your child too can compare you from the parents of their friends, which certainly you won’t like. Instead of comparing, parents should praise their child for their talent and motivate them to do better. Comparison leaves a strong negative impact on your kid’s mind and their self-esteem.
- NEET/JEE aspirants need healthy atmosphere for preparation. From their eating habits to the number of hours they sleep, you need to take care of each and everything. Incomplete sleep and improper diet will affect their concentration and also cause several health issues, due to which your child’s performance might get affected.
Therefore, parents, be with your kids in their challenging time. NEET/JEE 2019 will bring new challenges with the revised exam pattern. Only you can prepare your child to accept and get used to those changes by supporting them in their preparation.