DTU 2018: About
Delhi Technological University (DTU 2018) is one of the leading Universities in India offering undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in the field of Engineering. The University also offers the MBA programme.
The university offers B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA and Ph.D. degrees under a number of specializations. The application procedure for the B.Tech courses starts in the month of June and for the M.Tech courses, it starts in the month of May. The application procedure for the MBA and Ph.D. courses start in the month of January.
The B.Tech candidates are admitted on the basis of their JEE scores, whereas, the M.Tech candidates are admitted on the basis of their GATE scores.
The Ph.D. candidates need to sit for an entrance test to be followed by an interview, whereas the MBA candidates need to clear the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds in order to get selected at the University.
DTU 2018: Important Dates
- Application forms will be issued on 12 June 2018.
- Last date for registration process 26 June 2018.
- Counseling will begin from 29 June 2018
- Final result 18 July 2018
- Date of Admission 20 July 2018
- Display of vacant seats for spot admission 24 July 2018
- Spot asdmission 31 July 2018
- Academic session will begin from Has not been declared yet
- Online Application start May, 2018
- Application Close June, 2018
- Merit list June, 2018
- Counseling Round I July, 2018
- Counseling Round II July, 2018
- Counseling Round III July, 2018
- Availability of online application starts from – June 2017
- End Date for receiving of Online Application form – July 2017
- The list of shortlisted candidates will be announced on – July 2017
- DTU Ph.D Admission Exam Date – July 2017
- The result will be declared on – July 2017
- Date of Interview round – July 2017
- The final examination result will be announced on – July 2017
- Admission will starts on– July 2017
- Uploading of Information Bulletin & Application Form on DTU Website: 11th January 2017
- Last Date of Submitting the Completely Filled Application Form: 28th February 2017
- Date of Release of Short-listed candidates for GD & Interview: 17th March 2017
- Date of GD and Interview From 10th April 2017
- Release of the list I of selected and waitlisted candidates: 22nd May 2017
- Date of depositing the fee by the selected candidate of List I: 12th May 2017
- Release of list II for admission from the waitlisted candidates: 19th May 2017
- Date of depositing the fee by the candidate of List II: 26th May 2017
- Release of list III for admission from the waitlisted candidates against vacant/withdrawal seats: 02nd June 2017
- Date of depositing the fee by the candidate of List III: 12th June 2017
- Release of list IV of selected candidates against vacant/withdrawal of seats: 07th July 2017
- Date of Counseling & fee deposit by list – IV candidates: 19th July 2017
DTU 2018: Eligibility Criteria
Candidate securing 60 percent or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, and have passed English as a subject of study at the Senior School Certificate Examination Level (Core or Elective).
B.Tech with 60% in the respective field of study along with a valid GATE score. Candidates having AMIE / AMIS / AMIIChE / AMIIM / Grad IETE, who possess B.Sc. or Diploma in engineering are also eligible to apply for admission to M.Tech. courses.
Candidate should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in any Bachelor’s course under any recognized University.
Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology/ in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate (of all the year/semesters) or equivalent cumulative Grade point Average (CGPA) as determined by the Delhi Technological University and at least 60% marks in aggregate ((of all the year/semesters) or equivalent CGPA at Bachelor’s degree level
DTU 2018: Application Fee
- Candidates should register for counselling from the https://jacdelhi.nic.in/
- Application fee can be paid online or by generating a printed e-challan payable at SBI
The Application fee is Rs. 1,200
- Candidates need to register and fill the application online only by accessing official website
- The payment of Application fee can be made through credit/debit card /netbanking
The prescribed Application fee is Rs. 1000
- Application form is available at http://dtuadmissions.nic.in/CMS/public/home.aspx
The Application fee is Rs. 1,000 and must be paid online
- The application form can be downloaded from DTU Admissions website
- The duly filled application form be submitted in the University along-with a demand draft of Rs. 1,000 on or before the last date of receipt of completed application form
- The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “Registrar, Delhi Technological University”. Payable at “Delhi”
DTU 2018: Exam Pattern
Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of JEE Main 2018 Exam paper.
The candidates should appear and pass Common Admission Test (CAT) held in 2013 for admission in IIMs and top B- schools of India. On the basis of percentile secured by candidate in CAT, they will be shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. The final list will be prepared on merit basis.
The candidates must pass GATE-2014 Admission Test which is held for admission in various engineering/technology disciplines at Master level. The candidate must secure minimum qualifying marks in their respective category so as to shortlisted for the DTU further selection rounds.
The selection of candidates will be made on the basis of their performance in the written entrance exam and personal interview conduct by authority. After qualifying the written exam the short-listed candidates will be invited for the screening test and personal interview round. The written examination will comprise of total 60 questions and each question will be carrying of 1 mark. The weightage of interview round will be 40%.