JEE Main 2019: JEE Main 2019 Exam, Dates, JEE Main Application Form, Syllabus
JEE Main 2019: Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is one of the popular engineering entrance examinations in the country. Every year, the CBSE organizes this entrance examination for offering admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes like B.Tech/ B.E & B.Arch in IIITs, NITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions and Institutions funded by participating State Government etc. However, National Testing Agency has taken the responsibility to conduct JEE mains 2019 exam. The JEE Main 2019 will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the applicants have to appear if they are seeking for admission to the UG courses offered by the ISM/ IITs.
JEE mains examination will be conducted twice a year and will be computer based. NTA has arranged around 2600 test practice centers to practice the exam pattern. These test centers include the computer labs of schools and colleges.
Check details about JEE Main 2019 Exam dates, Application Form, JEE Main 2019 Syllabus, Eligibility, Fees etc.
JEE Main 2019: Instructions
- Aspirants can appear in both the exams or in any one.
- There will be 8 sittings and candidates will be able to choose the date they wish to appear for the exam as per their choice.
- JEE Main 2019 will be in online mode only.
- If appearing in both the exam, best score will be used for ranking
JEE Main 2019: Important Dates
The exact dates for JEE Main 2019 haven’t been officially released by the authority.
JEE Main 2019
|Dates of January Examination||Dates of April Examination|
|1st to 30th September 2018||8th February to 7th March 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||
17th December 2018
|18th March 2019|
|Dates of Examinations||6th to 20th January 2019||
6th to 20th April 2019
|Dates for announcing results||31st January 2019||
30th April 2019
JEE Main 2019: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are suggested to check the JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria before applying:
- Date of Birth
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1993 are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PWD candidates who are born on or after October 01, 1988 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
- Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE)
Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2019 entrance exam. Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2019 or later are not eligible to appear in IIT JEE Main 2019. Candidates who appeared in class 12th/equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2015, did not pass in 2016, but passed in 2017 are also not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2019.
- Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE)
Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing IIT JEE (Main) entrance exam- 2019. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE Main 2019 and if such candidates appear in IIT JEE Main 2019 exam by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
- Number of Attempts
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at IIT JEE Main 2019 shall be limited to 03 (three).
CANDIDATES ARE ALSO ADVISED TO NOTE AND VERIFY FOR THEMSELVES THE ELIGIBILITY FOR APPEARING IN JEE(ADVANCED) –2019 AS WELL AS ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO VARIOUS INSTITUTES. BEING ELIGIBLE TO WRITE JEE (Main) AND BY OBTAINING AN ALL INDIA RANK IN JEE (Main), A CANDIDATE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION.
CANDIDATES SEEKING ADMISSION TO THE INSTITUTIONS IN THE STATES OF MADHYA PRADESH, NAGALAND AND ODISHA, WHICH WERE EARLIER ADMITTING BASED ON THEIR STATE LEVEL EXAMINATION, ARE ALSO ADVISED TO VERIFY THEIR ELIGIBILITY AS PER CRITERIA LAID DOWN BY THESE STATE GOVERNMENTS.
- No. of Attempts and Age limit for the states of Madhya Pradesh and Odisha:
Since the states of Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system from 2014. The age limit, for admission to institutions in these states which were earlier admitting candidates based on their state level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain the same as per their past practice. This will, however, be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.
JEE Main 2019: Application Form
Before filling up the JEE Main 2019 application form the candidate should have a scanned image of his/her photograph, signature and father’s/mother’s/guardian’s signature. These scanned images are to be uploaded during the submission of jee main 2019 application form. The photograph should be color or b/w (but clear contrast) with the name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph printed on it. It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Polaroid photos are not acceptable. Candidates with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected. Candidates may keep 6-8 identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of JEE Main 2019 entrance examination, Seat Allocation Process and Admission.
JEE Main 2019: Application Fee
The fee (in Indian Rupees) for JEE Main 2019 is as follows:
|Appearing||Pen and Paper Based
|Computer Based Examination
(Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.)only)
|For examination centers opted in India|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) or
JEE (Main)Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning) only
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1
(B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main)
Paper-2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning)
|For examination centers opted in the foreign country|
|JEE(Main)Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) or
JEE(Main)Paper-2 (B.Arch./B. Planning) only
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) and
JEE (Main) Paper-2(B.Arch./ B.Planning)
JEE Main 2019: Exam Pattern
- JEE main 2019 will be in online mode only.
- JEE Main 2019 Exam will be of 3 hours duration
- Type of questions will be objective type.
- The medium of JEE Main 2019 examination in all test centres will be in English and Hindi Medium. However, for Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the questions will be available in English, Hindi, and Gujarati.
Around 26673 seats will be available to eligible candidates. Details of JEE Main Paper II for B.Arch admissions are not clear as of yet. JEE Main 2019 is a national level engineering entrance examination for which approximately 12 lakh candidates register annually.
The JEE Main 2019 entrance exam pattern for the paper I and Paper II is given below:
JEE Main 2019 Paper I:
• Courses: It is held for engineering courses (B.Tech/BE).
• Number of Questions: It has consisted of 90 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions).
• Subjects: The JEE MAIN 2019 paper will be asked from subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
• Language: Hindi, English (candidates can select while filling the application form)
• Mode: It will be commenced via both; online & offline.
• Exam Timings: 9:30 to 12:30 (paper-1) and 2:00 to 5:00 (paper-2)
• Duration: 3 hours. (4 hours for the candidates having 40% or more disability)
• Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response.
• Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response or multi-responses.
JEE Main 2019 Paper II:
• Courses: It is held for Architecture course. (B. Arch).
• Number of Questions: It has consisted of 82 questions (MCQs) out of which 30 questions from mathematics, 50 questions from aptitude test and 2 questions (descriptive) of drawing test.
• Subjects: The paper will be asked from subjects as Mathematics, Aptitude, Drawing.
• Language: Hindi, English (candidates can select while filling the JEE MAIN 2019 application form).
• Mode: It will be commenced via offline mode.
• Duration: 3 hours. (4 hours for the candidates having 40% or more disability)
• Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response (2 questions of a drawing will carry 70 marks).
• Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect or multi-responses.
JEE Main 2019: Syllabus
Before preparing, candidates are advised to gather complete information regarding JEE Main 2019 syllabus. JEE Main 2019 entrance exam syllabus will be composed of paper 1 and paper 2 syllabus. Paper 1 will be asked for the B.Tech (Engineering) while paper 2 will be asked for architecture (B.Arch).
JEE Main Paper 1 Syllabus:
The JEE Main paper 1 will be composed of all theory topics of three subjects which are physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus:
The JEE Main paper 2 has been divided into three parts i.e. mathematics, aptitude test and drawing test.
JEE Main 2019 Preparation Tips
Candidates may check the IIT JEE Main 2019 preparation tips for scoring well in the exam. Every year a large number of candidates appear to this exam. First of all, candidates should prepare for this exam as per officially prescribed syllabus. TMT App is the mobile testing platform that enables you to leverage limited time. You can give your Mock Test anytime, anywhere.