WBJEE 2019 (West Bengal State Entrance Exam): Exam Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
WBJEE 2019 –West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE 2019) is managed by the WBJEE Board. It is a state level entrance exam for the candidates to get admission in Architecture, Pharmacy and Engineering courses. Numbers of state universities, government colleges, and self-financed institutions offer admission on the basis of WBJEE 2019 score. In this article, candidates can get all details regarding How to prepare for WBJEE 2019?
The board will release the WBJEE 2019 Application Form in the month of December 2018. WBJEE is a state level examination organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board.
WBJEE 2019 (West Bengal State Entrance Exam): About
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board was formed in the year 1962 for the purpose of holding West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations (WBJEE) for admission to the undergraduate level courses in engineering & technology, pharmacy and architecture in universities, government colleges and self-financed institutes in the state of West Bengal. In this article, we will provide the detailed information about WBJEE 2019.
WBJEE 2019: Instructions
- Go to the official website link.
- Fill the registration details for registration such as name, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth.
- Fill the personal details in the application form like nationality, religion, income category, address, choice of examination zones, academic details, etc.
- Candidates have to choose a password and security answer.
- Review your application form and make changes if any.
- After that, candidates will be asked for submitting the application form.
- An application number will be generated or also sent to the candidates through email/SMS.
- You can log out or continue to the next step.
- Upload scanned image of recent color passport size photograph (4 cm x 3 cm) (3 kb to 100 kb) & signature (4 cm x 1.5 cm) (3 kb to 30 kb). The images are in JPEG/JPG format.
- Pay the required application fee through any one of the given modes.
- On successful completion of all steps, take the printout of the confirmation page.
- Keep the printout of the confirmation page till admission in the allotted institution.
WBJEE 2019: Important Dates
- Availability of information bulletin 18th November 2018
- Online registration starts from 19th December 2018
- Last date to fill application form & fee payment 19th January 2019
- Last date to print the confirmation page 24th January 2019
- Correction window availability 26th January to 28th January 2019
- Admit card releases 10th April 2019
- Date of Examination 22nd April 2019
WBJEE 2019: Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be the citizen of India.
- The minimum age is 17 years as on 31/12/2019.
- A candidate born on or after 01/01/2002 is not eligible to sit for the exam.
- There is no upper age limit to apply.
- For marine engineering course, the upper age limit is 25 years.
- Candidate must have passed the 12th or equivalent examination from the recognized board.
- For engineering courses, Physics and Mathematics along with one of Mathematics/ Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Computer Application are the compulsory subjects. Candidates must pass individually in all subjects.
- It is necessary to score the 45% marks (40% in case of reserved categories) in the qualifying exam.
- Must pass English with at least 30% marks.
- Candidates studying in 12th are also eligible to apply.
WBJEE 2019: Application Form
- The candidates were able to access the WBJEE 2019 application form only in online mode.
- The invalid and incomplete application form was not accepted.
- All required documents had to be scanned and uploaded to the WBJEE application form 2019.
- The correction of the application form has to be done during the allotted time.
- The candidates were not allowed to proceed further with the WBJEE application process if the required fee was not paid.
- The payment status was updated automatically and showed “Ok” immediately after the payment. If the payment status didn’t show “Ok”, then the candidates should have to contact the bank branch immediately if the payment was done through cash. If the payment was done online and the transaction failed at EPG, then the candidate had to make the payment once again.
Official website: WBJEE website
WBJEE 2019: Application Fee
Online Mode: The candidates had to select online payment mode to pay through net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
Offline Mode: Payment could be done through bank challan. A print out of the challan had to be taken and the fee had to be deposited at the nearest branch of Allahabad Bank. Bank service charges had to be paid separately.
Online fee Rs. 500
Offline fee Rs. 500 + Bank Service Charges
WBJEE 2019: Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Offline Mode|
|Duration of Examination||4 hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Category Wise Division of Questions||
|Total Number of Questions||155 Questions|
|Total Marks of Examination||200 Marks|
|Negative Marking||For each incorrect answer, 1/4th mark will be deducted. No negative marking will be done for Category 3|
WBJEE 2019: Syllabus
The WBJEE Syllabus 2019 will be asked from the subjects like Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Candidates can go through these subjects on the basis of syllabus prescribed in class 11th & 12th.
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid state Electronics
- Optics (II) Wave Optics
- Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction
- Bulk properties of matter
- Heat & Thermal Physics
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Optics I (Ray optics)
- Particle nature of light & wave-particle dualism
- Atoms, Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Chemistry in Industry